For the past few weeks, we have highlighted different members and their responses to the Coronavirus outbreak. As everyone continues to push forward and support their members, customers, employees, we have seen how several brands can quickly adapt when needed, as well as incredible acts of generosity, as many lend a helping hand to those who have traditionally supported them.
This week, we’re excited to share a new group of brands that, while adjusting to a new set of standards that are mostly out of their control, have also clearly displayed their devotion to social responsibility and making a difference in this time of uncertainty.
Below are links to the first two articles in our series:
April 6, 2020 - featuring Papa John’s, American Eagle/Aerie, Kellogg’s, Brierley, and Social Media Link
March 30, 2020 – featuring Ally Financial, The Vitamin Shoppe, and Bloomin’ Brands
Food Lion and its Loyalty Program Members Come Together to Support Neighbors in Need
Food Lion always strives to be an active part of the communities it serves, and now the North Carolina based grocery chain is going above and beyond to help those in need. Food Lion is supporting its neighbors during the Coronavirus outbreak by donating $3.1 Million to address critical community needs through three different initiatives:
- $500,000 donation to fund medical research at UNC Health to support scientists working to develop promising treatments, protective vaccines, and public health practices for COVID-19.
- An additional $1 million donation, which is equivalent to 10 million meals, to nourish and care for local communities through Food Lion’s hunger relief platform, Food Lion Feeds. In March, Food Lion announced a $600,000 donation, including $500,000, the equivalent of 5 million meals to support local Feeding America affiliated food bank partners in Food Lion’s 10-state footprint and $100,000 to Feeding America for their overall COVID-19 response efforts.
- $1 million designated to the Lion’s Pride Foundation, Food Lion’s associate emergency care fund to support associates whose families may be impacted by this crisis
“At Food Lion, our customers and associates who are part of the towns and cities we serve, are at the heart of everything we do and now, more than ever, we want to make sure we care for and nourish them during this time,” said Meg Ham, Food Lion President.
In addition to its extremely generous donations to locals in need, Food Lion customers can now also support their communities by donating Shop & Earn MVP Rewards to the Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation. Customers simply select the option to donate through the Food Lion mobile app or foodlion.com when viewing their Shop & Earn Rewards, and once selected, their dollars will immediately be donated.
“We know our customers are incredibly caring, so we wanted to offer them an opportunity to donate their Shop & Earn Rewards to those customers who may need a little help feeding their families, especially during this unprecedented time,” shared Deborah Sabo, SVP of Marketing for Food Lion.
Lenovo’s Commitment to Help Fight Effects of COVID-19 Passes $10 Million
Finding strength through generosity in these uncertain times, Lenovo has embraced its unique position as a global brand to help its customers and those in need around the world. Lenovo’s efforts, through the Lenovo Foundation
and teams around the world, have recently passed $10 million, including outreach for:
- $2.4 million in equipment and IT infrastructure support hospitals in Wuhan, including 1200+ computers, 280 tablets, 660 printers, software and support
- $1.5 million in support for distance learning education in North America
- $1 million in software and services donations to enable distance education and security for those learning and working from home
- $1 million+ across Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin American markets to respond to unique healthcare and education needs
Furthermore, to better support customers, Lenovo is also offering a free global warranty extension for up to 75 days through May 31, 2020 for all Lenovo/Motorola smartphones and Lenovo consumer PCs, tablets, smart home devices, consumer augmented/virtual reality devices, monitors and accessories with warranties that are coming to an end between March 15 through April 30, 2020.
TELUS Helps Customers Stay Connected and Protected
Canadian national telecommunications brand TELUS is always focused on connectivity
and is currently making that mission a top priority to ensure customers are informed, connected, and safe in this uncertain time. As many customers are now working full-time or completing classes remotely, they are also reliant on TELUS’ services to remain in contact with family and friends, stay up to date on the latest news, and also provide a sense of relief and entertainment at home. The TELUS team is inspired by how its customers and Canadians continue to #StayStrongStayConnected
As a part of the TELUS Rewards program, members can now access special offers on on-demand videos and charitable options in the TELUS Rewards catalog to support the TELUS Friendly Future Foundation.
Furthermore, TELUS has implemented incredible initiatives to support its communities, including:
- Babylon by TELUS Health - a free healthcare mobile app that allows patients to check symptoms, consult with doctors* virtually from the comfort of their home, and access health records
- $10M commitment from the TELUS Friendly Future Foundation to support medical technology and equipment
- $500K donated to help with the research and development of antivirals
- 2-month of free internet for existing Internet for Good customers
- $100K donation to food banks in Quebec
- Virtual volunteer opportunities for our team members, including:
- helping seniors in isolation with 211
- Sewing masks for healthcare workers
- Virtual Naloxone training
TELUS is also supporting all customers with:
- Offering over 30 FREE channel previews on Optik TV
- Free educational activities and online workshops for kids through a partnership with TELUS Wise and Microsoft
- Waiving home internet overage charges through April
- Waiving all Easy Roam®, Travel Passes and pay-per-use roaming charges for postpaid and small business customers until April 30
- Flexible payment options for customers and small businesses that have been affected by the virus outbreak.
We encourage all Loyalty360 Brand Members to read more and to continue this conversation by sharing an update on how your brand is still working to create positive customer experiences/loyalty
during the COVID-19 outbreak by visiting the Brand Panel discussion here