Choice Privileges, the loyalty program of lodging giant Choice Hotels, is getting a makeover. The program is rolling out changes that will improve the loyalty experience for the more than 25 million Choice Privilege members. Strong loyalty programs are crucial for a hospitality industry in which consumers normally don’t feel strong ties to any particular hotel chain.
“The exciting new changes to our Choice Privileges program mark a major milestone in Choice Hotels’ history,” said Jamie Russo, VP of Loyalty and Customer Engagement at Choice Hotels. “While many rewards programs continue to decrease the value of benefits for their guests, we're building a loyalty program that gives more and faster perks to travelers starting right when they join. We have built these new features around guests, and we want them to feel constantly rewarded by the new Choice Privileges wherever their travels take them.”
Among the program’s tweaks are:
- Your Extras: Members who stay with Choice Hotels on a weekday (Sunday-Thursday) receive an added value reward upon checking in. These instant perks include gas discounts at Shell stations and Amazon.com shopping credit.
- FlexRewards: Hotels will be offering free nights for a discounted point cost based on season. The brand says that up to 2,000 hotels will be discounted at any given time.
- Digital Gift Cards: As mobile wallet technologies continue their rise as a tool for increased customer engagement, Choice Privileges is the first hotel company to offer in-app digital gift card downloads.
- Keep Your Points: Members earn points through loyalty to the brand, yet many hotel chains are all too eager to take points back from guests for even short periods of inactivity. Not the case with Choice Privileges, as members retain their points for a full 18 months after their last activity.
- 10 Points per Dollar: Guests now earn 10 points per dollar spent at any of the 5,500 Choice Hotels around the world. This allows members to earn rewards at a faster rate than ever before.
The Choice Privileges program extends to all Choice Hotel brands, including Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Econo Lodge, Ascend Hotel Collection, and MainStay Suites.