Primary Duties And Accountabilities
This individual is responsible for loyalty and targeted marketing strategies that will increase engagement from the Giant Food customer base. Additionally, this person will identify and oversee development of digital features that will aide and improve the customer value proposition. This includes new or enhanced in-store digital, online, and in-app tools. The Director is responsible for developing Giant Food’s personalization strategy and road map, working with external vendors to deliver targeted marketing plans. This position interfaces with key departments across the business including Merchandising, Operations, and Insights, as well as external partners to deliver the plan.
- Overall responsibility for the development and execution of marketing strategies and tactics designed to improve customer loyalty and drive personalized sales. Drive leading edge customer relationship marketing strategies and tactics that increase sales, ROI and customer engagement. Leader of loyalty programs, working with a variety of partners to ensure strong execution.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic vision, processes and methodologies to deliver profitable sales growth and increased customer engagement and loyalty.
- Responsible for overall strategy of Giant Food’s Loyalty card systems. Drive the systems and resources for the deployment and execution of new card programs that impact customer value propositions.
- Lead critical external relationship and negotiations with Excentus, Shell and other potential loyalty program partners.
- Champion rewards programs and all major negotiations with vendors and suppliers. Manage all resources with the end goal of enhancing the overall loyalty program to increase customer engagement.
- Direct strategy and execution team that serves to drive new member enrollments and retention within the loyalty program.
- Develop strategies for system enhancements and upgrades related to the customer database and loyalty applications. Act as Business/IT liaison between technical personnel and business/end users to resolve issues and system problems.
- Partner with leadership in analytics to understand customer segments and drive the loyalty business to grow base HH’s.
Customer Specific Marketing (CSM)
- Develop strategies to increase personalization for customers through messaging, offers, and communication channels.
- Lead the evolution of targeted marketing strategies by identifying tactics and recommending investment levels that effectively change customer purchase behavior. Role serves as the Company’s thought leader for new programs and system development.
- Build sales programs for the brand, interfacing with portfolio and divisional leadership to support customer engagement via CSM channels.
- Establish process for developing, presenting, budgeting, projecting, executing and reporting on store-based targeted marketing strategies.
- Establish rapport with division president and merchandising leadership and key stakeholders to effectively communicate strategies and goals within the context of growing store level sales.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales planning teams to create specific plans and budgets.
- Oversee the execution of merchandising programs that are tied to loyalty and CSM promotions. Continuous partnership with merchandising to keep abreast of new and ongoing programs.
- Partner with strategy and innovation teams to pilot new ventures and plan for adoption of new programs.
- Direct executional processes to insure the successful implementation of both mass and targeted promotions.
- Partner with Insights and Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) to identify customer targets and lifecycle marketing programs designed to increase loyalty of key customer segments.
- Oversee development of digital features that will aide and improve the customer value proposition. This includes new or enhanced in-store digital, online, and in-app tools.
- Partner with PDL and RBS on the technology roadmap that will bring innovation to Giant’s online experience.
- Responsible for the team that manages digital content on the website and messaging through email and the app.
- Develop strategy to drive engagement of Giant’s digital channels including the website and app through improved features and content.
- Partner with eCommerce team to align on content and campaign initiatives.
- Analyze engagement metrics to determine areas of opportunities within Giant’s digital channels.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the role of technology in driving customer experience and engagement.
- Support skills growth, career development and morale of all team members.
- Achieve high retention rate of the team, especially top performers.
- Develop and implement succession plans for key positions of the team.
- Supervise annual reviews to ensure positive and constructive feedback is provided and individuals have clarity about requirements to move to the next level. Works under minimal direction in completing business objectives.
- Make decisions on behalf of the business for area of responsibility
- Serve as primary contact with PDL for Giant Food.
- Seen as the SME for area of responsibility and may participate on cross-category projects or initiatives impacting the broader business.
- Responsible for financial metrics ranging from sales to coupon expense & customer health metrics.
- Increase effectiveness of performance while managing stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Effectively leverage external agencies to achieve goals.
- Partner with teams across the organization as well as within Peapod Digital Labs to develop integrated plans that will deliver on Giant Food’s sales and customer retention targets.
>> Click here for more information and to aplpy for this position